Thursday, January 5, 2012

Patience

Gratitude, humility, and open minds/hearts are some of the many lessons we have learned.  However, patience is probably the quality that has been the most important with our planning.  Getting around Haiti is not a simple task, let alone with a crowd of 21.  
Yesterday we waited out the rain and were able to travel to the village of Milot. There we worked on a heifer project planting cocoa and building a fence.  It was a great experience. We got to interact with locals and share many gifts. They were all very excited to recieve food, candy, clothes, shoes, and toys.  Thank you all for making this possible.

We will see you all in a day.  We will try to be on time...

Maddie
Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could have sent a truckload of stuff! It's so sad to think of everything we're blessed with and then see how unfortunate they are. From what I read in the blog though, they are grateful people. Too bad more of us in the U.S. can't be grateful for what we have. I think everyone should have the experience of going to Haiti to make us all aware. Anyway, thanks for sharing the blog - I've enjoyed it! Can't wait to see you at the airport Andy! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message for our team!