Ni men hao(this is how you say hello in French! Jk, its Chinese)! Today was per-ity cool! We got to see a graduation ceremony and I was just so excited,Luke it was ny graduation or something. It was so refreshing to see the family members coming up to the front to take pictures and smiling and just excited! I don't know French it creole but I'm pretty sure they were sayin, " Woo! That's my baby graduating! You betta go head Rayray!!" At least that's what I imagined some people saying. O my goodni! I don't know what the persons title was, but he was one of the MVPs up on stage with the president that also shook the graduates hands. Any who, this guy said a prayer. I mentioned earlier that I don't know creole, but I imagined that he was talking like this, " ...WELLLLL- UH-RAH!! GAWWWWWD-UH! UH-RAH!..." with people in the background saying, "Well!! Well!! Rev!!" It was quite comical...haha...I wasn't the only one laughing either! Overall I really enjoyed the graduation. At the end of the day we went to an orphanage in the city. Yall know I'm not a real big fan of kids, but man! If I had money and a house and a beastly healthcare policy and a wife... Is seriously would try to adult 6 kids. They were so excited to see us! Just so happy and loving on everybody and jumping in our arms grabbing our hands and dragging us around. One of the girls was talking to me in creole(remember I don't know creole) and I was like, " uhh...mhmm..." And then she started speaking English! I nearly fell out my chair! She was completely fluent, but we were able to communicate. Her name was Sarah. She asked me for my email address and I said sure. Then she asked for my phone number and I said " Wish! Hold on a second...do you have any idea how much an international phone call from the US to Haiti cost? I can't afford to wave to you!!" Just kidding, but she did seriously gave me a number so I can call. Once I figure out how to use it (it was only 7 digits long) I plan on calling. I mean the conversation won't be that long, unless I step up my creole game big time! Alright, that's it for tonight...I'm tired!
Love,
SeƱor Juan
Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message for our team!